Are you considering putting your home up for sale during the holidays? You may have heard that you should wait until after the holidays to list your home. However, there really is no better time than now! It could very well be one of the best decisions you have made all year!
Here’s a look at 5 reasons why you list your home for sale during the holidays:
- There are relocation buyers out there. Lots of people relocate during the holidays because they get a fresh start in their new location after the new year.
- There are serious buyers all year long. If a buyer is motivated, they will not let the holidays get in the way of their home shopping experience. Plus, there is less competition during this time of year.
- You can easily stage your home with holiday decorations. There is no better time of the year to make your house stand out with beautiful decorations. You can create tons of curb appeal with festive lights and wreaths.
- Buyers are happier. During the holidays, people are full of good cheer. Homebuyers tend to have higher emotions and get attached to homes that are warmly decorated and invoke holiday spirit.
- The number of listings increases after the new year. This means that there will be more competition. And in 2018, there may be less demand for your home because of the surge in construction.
The Brunner Burkhart Group prides itself on representing our buyers the best we can. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions!