First Friday in Lancaster County is something you need to experience firsthand. From the popular arts, to the quaint boutiques and excellent restaurants. This occurs the first Friday of every month from 5 - 9 p.m.
During the Holidays, there is a little something extra special about Downtown Lancaster. Below are the usual First Friday events along with some Holiday events.
- Baldwin’s Dirty Little People Art Gallery, 60 West Walnut Street, 5– 9 p.m.
- Enjoy the artwork done by a 14-year-old local artist, she is a student at McCaskey High School and is inspired by all things Japanese. Enjoy the live music, food, and wine. This event is free to the public.
- The Parrot Gallery, 338 West Orange Street, 5 - 8 p.m.
- Potter/teacher, Phil Kreider
- Phil launches his latest collection, his pieces won the Jurors’ Pick at the 2016 Mt. Gretna Art Show.
- Red Raven Art Company, 138 North Prince Street, 5 - 8 p.m.
- Enjoy the artwork of 25 local artists at the Annual Holiday Art Show. All artists will be there from 5-8 p.m. Enjoy the live Blues music of the Willie Marble Xperience. There will also be a silent auction for an original Jazz painting all proceeds will go to Music for Everyone.
- The Ware Center, 42 North Prince Street, 5:30– 8 p.m.
- Enjoy photographic art from local artist Clair Giblin, from December 2, 2016 through February 1, 2017. The opening coincides with first Friday with a reception.
- Visit with Santa, 6-9 p.m.
- Lancaster Marriot at Penn Square & Lancaster County Convention Center
- Get your photo taken with Santa for $5 each or bring your own camera and it is free!
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, 6:30-9:30 pm
- Depart from Fulton Bank, corner of King and Queen Streets
- Rides are first come, first serve.
- $5 for adults, $2 for children 12 and under.
- Downtown Business Window Decorating Contest
- Now through December 12th
- View the beautifully decorated gallery, store, and restaurant windows throughout Lancaster and vote for your favorite. Those that vote, will be entered in a Downtown Lancaster prize package.
- To vote, visit www.LancasterOnline.com/DowntownDecorating
'Tis the season to enjoy the wonderful events in Downtown Lancaster.
Enjoy these local and reasonably priced events with your loved ones.